Employment Type: Full Time
Starting Date: Oct 1, 2020
Reporting to: R&D Manager
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
At Enterra, our core purpose is to harness the power of insects to feed and care for the world. Since 2007 we have been pioneering large-scale, sustainable insect production in North America, producing the highest quality ingredients for our innovative animal feed and pet food customers.
We live by our core values of Quality, Integrity and Innovation. Our team is full of motivated and hardworking people that are committed to making the world a better place.
We are looking for an Entomologist to carry out a wide variety of research trials aimed at industrial rearing optimization of the black soldier fly.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic young researcher with a good work ethic and experience in lab and production environments.
- Designing and performing lab and pilot scale experiments relating to optimal conditions for rearing insects at various life stages, including eggs, larvae, pupae, adults (in consultation with others)
- Analyzing results, performing statistics, and writing reports
- Presenting resulting to relevant groups within the company
- Participating in brainstorming sessions
- Maintaining and updating peer-reviewed literature
- Must hold a degree in Entomology or related field
- Proven research and report writing skills
- Willingness to work weekends, when required.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to occasionally travel to other facilities in Canada and the US
- Must have valid BC driver’s license
- Canadian citizen or P.R. holder
- Must be available to work weekdays and weekends
- Schedules are subject to change with advanced notice
For more information about Enterra, please visit www.enterrafeed.com.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume.
Closing date September 30th, 2020. However, candidates will be reviewed as they come forward and the position may be filled prior to that date.