Farm Labourer / Contract
Reports to: Supervisor
Posted on November 2, 2018
At Enterra, we believe we can change the world with our innovative insect farming technology. We grow black soldier fly larvae, a beneficial insect species that is highly efficient at converting recycled food into sustainable nutrients for animals and plants. Our team is our most important asset, bringing innovative thinking, a can-do attitude, and a commitment to driving change.
We are currently looking for a full-time position, contract or permanent, as Farm Labourer/Equipment Operator to join our growing team and contribute to the safe and reliable operation of our production facility in Langley, BC. The position can be either contract until June 30, 2019 or permanent with a relocation to Calgary, AB in early 2019.
What Enterra offers you:
- Competitive wages – $18.00/hourly
- Unique experience in a farm-meets-biology-lab-meets-industrial-process environment
- Significant opportunity for growth
- A job you can feel good about!
- Strict adherence to health and safety policies
- Processing of pre-consumer recycled food
- Receiving and unloading trucks
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in your area
- Heavy use of forklift, skid-steer, pressure washer and other equipment
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated – brings a positive “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to lift loads of up to 50 lb.
- Experience with industrial or farm equipment is an asset
- Experience in the fast food industry is an asset (similar skills required)
- Must be able to work weekdays and weekends (7am – 3:30pm)
- Schedule subject to change with advanced notice
Interested? Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.