Position: Operations Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time, permanent
Starting Date: October 2020 or thereafter
Reporting to: General Manager
Location: Calgary, AB
At Enterra, our core purpose is to harness the power of insects to feed and care for the world. Since 2007 we have been pioneering large-scale, sustainable insect production in North America, producing the highest quality ingredients for our innovative animal feed and pet food customers. Our latest facility is operational near Calgary, AB.
We live by our core values of Quality, Integrity and Innovation. Our team is full of motivated and hardworking people that are committed to making the world a better place.
We are currently looking for an intermediate to senior operations engineer to support the operation and optimization of our facility in Calgary, AB. This role is ideal for someone that takes initiative and communicates clearly with experts from varied backgrounds. This role would suit a self-starter who can wear multiple hats and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
This role will report to the General Manager and be based in Calgary AB. Improvements and learnings from this role will be incorporated into future facility designs across North America. As such, regular travel across North America, including our next project site near Columbus, Ohio, may be required periodically during project development and execution.
- Strict adherence to health and safety policies;
- Lead engineering projects to optimize plant performance and providing input to operations staff;
- Managing third-party vendors onsite and offsite;
- Manage third-party contractors, engineering service partners and construction management partners through the completion of site projects;
- Provide technical support in the areas of process, mechanical and overall facility design and engineering;
- Assist with design, startup and commissioning of new plant facilities as required;
- Work closely with team members and internal decision makers to identify, recommend, develop and implement learnings and innovations from existing facility operations, as well as research and development;
- Provide project specific support – effective planning, coordinating, scheduling and assisting with project quality controls;
- Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings;
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project;
- Ensure strict adherence to GMP, HACCP and ISO standards for feed quality and safety;
- Coordinate project closing through archiving of project documentation and coordination of lessons learned documentation;
- Work with key members of all departments including operations, biology, maintenance and senior management;
- Other activities consistent with the role and title.
- Graduated with a degree in engineering. Mechanical Engineering background with experience in Automation and Controls is an asset.
- Experience in a problem solving, troubleshooting, fast pace, changing work environment.
- Relevant experience in equipment specification and quotations; data collection and analysis; equipment monitoring and optimization; equipment and process design, maintenance, and installation.
- Experience with on site start-up and commissioning is an asset.
- Experience with industrial, manufacturing and/or farm equipment is an asset.
- Experience in the food or agriculture industry is an asset.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and aptitudes.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated – brings a positive “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic.
- Hands-on experience with tools and equipment is an asset.
- Ability to lift loads of up to 50 lb.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Must hold a valid drivers’ license and passport suitable for entry to the US.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent benefits plan
- Annual bonus program
For more information about Enterra, please visit www.enterrafeed.com.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date September 30th, 2020. However, candidates