Position: Plant Manager, Balzac
Starting Date: March 2019
Reporting to: VP, Operations
Location: Balzac, AB
At Enterra, our core purpose is to harness the power of insects to feed and care for the world. Since 2007 we have been pioneering large-scale, sustainable insect production in North America, producing the highest quality ingredients for our innovative animal feed and pet food customers.
We live by our core values of Quality, Integrity and Innovation. Our team is full of motivated and hardworking people that are committed to making the world a better place.
We are currently opening a new, 180,000 square-foot production facility in Balzac, Alberta – the first of its kind in the world. We are looking for a dynamic Plant Manager to oversee the start-up and ongoing operations of this unique and cutting-edge farm and production facility.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader who can effectively manage and motivate a team to achieve results and exceed expectations.
- Manage all aspects of safety ensuring strict compliance with OHS legislation
- Foster a cohesive culture through strong leadership and engagement
- Hire, lead and develop a motivated team of employees to successfully operate all areas of the facility including livestock rearing, breeding, product processing and feed preparation
- Meet production targets and KPIs
- Direct the engineering and maintenance activities of the facility, ensuring that the facility and equipment are adequate to support operations
- Understand and respect the biological impacts of the process, including livestock health, nutrition, rearing and breeding
- Work with corporate R&D, QA and Engineering teams to improve processes, implement new processes and optimize costs
- Ensure strict adherence to GMP, HACCP and ISO standards for feed quality and safety
- Manage supplier relations and contracts
- Regularly communicate with and report to head office (based in Langley, BC)
- Other related duties as required
- Previous plant start-up experience highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in operations management in agriculture, animal husbandry, food production, manufacturing, processing and/or other relevant industry
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field
- Proven track record of building and leading high-performance teams
- Sound knowledge of established industry safety standards and practices
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with industrial process equipment and automation systems
- Science- and engineering-based decision making
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
- Valid driver’s license and passport as occasional travel will be required
- Food safety experience is an asset
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent benefits plan
- Annual bonus program
For more information about Enterra, please visit www.enterrafeed.com.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Closing date February 18, 2019.