Position: Plant Operator and Safety Coordinator
Starting Date: Immediate
Reporting to: Plant Manager
Location: Balzac, AB
At Enterra, our core purpose is to harness the power of insects to feed and care for the world. Since 2007 we have been pioneering large-scale, sustainable insect production in North America, producing the highest quality ingredients for our innovative animal feed and pet food customers.
We live by our core values of Quality, Integrity and Innovation. The team at this dynamic company is full of motivated and hardworking people that are committed to making the world a better place.
We are currently opening a new, 180,000 square-foot production facility in Balzac, Alberta – the first of its kind in the world. We are looking for an experienced and committed Plant Operator and Safety Coordinator to contribute to the safe and reliable operation of this unique and cutting-edge farm and production facility.
WHAT ENTERRA OFFERS YOU
• Salary: $46,000 – $57,000, based on experience
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Annual bonus program
• Positive company culture focused on open communication and transparency
• Strict adherence to health and safety policies
• Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) when completing duties and responsibilities
• Daily cleaning of equipment and areas to maintain high sanitation standards
• Accurate reporting and data collection to maintain production records
• Light preventative maintenance duties
• Supporting the development and implementation of a robust plant safety program in line with OHS regulations and internal health and safety policies
• Conducting safety training for all employees
• Liaising with OHS officers and third-party contractors to ensure ongoing safety compliance
• Leading the Joint Health and Safety Committee, including monthly meetings and inspections to address safety issues
• Ensuring all documentation required by OHS is properly maintained
• Being a champion for safety and keeping all team members accountable
• Attending regular external safety training courses
• Understand and respect the biological impacts of the process, including livestock health, nutrition, rearing and breeding
• Other duties as assigned by Plant Manager
• Some Occupational Health and Safety training or experience is required
• Good interpersonal and people management skills
• Self-motivated and hard working
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Ability to lift loads of up to 20 kg
• Previous experience with industrial or farm equipment is an asset
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Food manufacturing experience is an asset
• The plant operates 6am to 12am, 7 days/week with morning, afternoon and evening shifts available depending on the position
• Shifts are 8.5 hours, including two paid 15 min breaks and one unpaid 30 min break; 5 days/week
• Schedules are subject to change with advanced notice
For more information about Enterra, please visit www.enterrafeed.com.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 4, 2019.