Position: Project Engineer – Facility Design and Construction
Employment Type: Full-time, permanent
Starting Date: March 2020 or thereafter
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Location: Calgary, AB or Maple Ridge, BC
At Enterra, our core purpose is to harness the power of insects to feed and care for the world. Since 2007 we have been pioneering large-scale, sustainable insect production in North America, producing the highest quality ingredients for our innovative animal feed and pet food customers. Our latest facility is completing construction near Calgary, AB.
We live by our core values of Quality, Integrity and Innovation. Our team is full of motivated and hardworking people that are committed to making the world a better place.
We are currently looking for an intermediate to senior design engineer to support our engineering and construction program of building multiple insect larvae production facilities across North America. These projects represent significant investment of capital and require diligent attention to ensure the projects advance in a timely manner within budget.
This role will report to the Engineering Manager and be based in either Calgary or Maple Ridge, BC. Regular travel across North America, including our next project site near Columbus, Ohio, may be required periodically during project development and execution.
• Strict adherence to health and safety policies;
• Manage third-party engineering service and construction management partners through the completion of multiple design-build projects.
• Provide technical support in the areas of process, mechanical and overall facility design and engineering;
• Work closely with team members and internal decision makers to identify, recommend, develop and implement learnings and innovations from existing facility operations, as well as research and development;
• Provide project specific support – effective planning, coordinating, scheduling and assisting with project quality controls;
• Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings;
• Effectively manage changes to project scope, timeline and budget to support cost-effective project delivery
• Track and report on project milestones, deliverables and budgets;
• Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project;
• Ensure strict adherence to GMP, HACCP and ISO standards for feed quality and safety;
• Coordinate project closing through archiving of project documentation and coordination of lessons learned documentation;
• Work with key members of all departments including operations, maintenance and senior management;
• Other activities consistent with the role and title.
• Graduated with a degree in engineering.
• Demonstrated experience (5+ years) working on detailed engineering and construction projects providing project management, process, mechanical and/or facility design support for significant industrial (>$25m).
• Project delivery experience at sites in North America.
• Strong organizational and project management skills and aptitudes.
• Experience with industrial, manufacturing and/or farm equipment is an asset
• Experience in the food or agriculture industry is an asset
• Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated – brings a positive “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic
• Hands-on experience with tools and equipment is an asset
• Ability to lift loads of up to 50 lb.
• Must hold a valid drivers’ license and passport suitable for entry to the US.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Excellent benefits plan
For more information about Enterra, please visit www.enterrafeed.com.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Closing date March 20th, 2020