Position: R&D Intern
Employment Type: 4 Months (May – August)
Starting Date: May 2020
Reporting to: R&D Manager
Location: Rocky View, AB
At Enterra, our core purpose is to harness the power of insects to feed and care for the world. Since 2007 we have been pioneering large-scale, sustainable insect production in North America, producing the highest quality ingredients for our innovative animal feed and pet food customers.
We live by our core values of Quality, Integrity and Innovation. Our team is full of motivated and hardworking people that are committed to making the world a better place.
We are looking for an R&D intern to carry out a wide variety of research trials aimed at industrial rearing optimization of the black soldier fly.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic young researcher with a good work ethic and experience in lab and field environments.
- Strict adherence to health and safety policies
- Design of experiments (in collaboration with others)
- Experimental setup, care of experiments, and data collection
- Data analysis and/or report writing
- Supporting and troubleshooting biological issues in production
- Insect health assessments throughout lifecycle
- Actively pursuing or a degree holder of an A.S., B.Sc., or M.Sc. in Biology or a related field
- Proven research and report writing skills
- Lab and/or fieldwork experience
- Willingness to work weekends, when required.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills required
- Must have valid BC driver’s license
- Canadian citizen or P.R. holder
- Must be available to work weekdays and weekends
- Schedules are subject to change with advanced notice
Closing date May 12, 2020.