Position: R&D Intern
Employment Type: 6-month, contract
Starting Date: April 2019
Reporting to: R&D Manager
Location: Langley, BC
At Enterra, our core purpose is to harness the power of insects to feed and care for the world. Since 2007 we have been pioneering large-scale, sustainable insect production in North America, producing the highest quality ingredients for our innovative animal feed and pet food customers.
We live by our core values of Quality, Integrity and Innovation. Our team is full of motivated and hardworking people that are committed to making the world a better place.
We are looking for an R&D intern to carry out a wide variety of research trials aimed at industrial rearing optimization of the black soldier fly.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic young researcher with a good work ethic and experience in lab and field environments.
• Strict adherence to health and safety policies
• Feedstock preparation
• Design of experiments (in collaboration with others)
• Experimental setup, care of experiments, and data collection
• Data analysis and/or report writing
• Other related duties as required
• Actively pursuing or a degree holder of an A.S., B.Sc., or M.Sc. in Biology or a related field
• Proven research and report writing skills
• Lab and/or fieldwork experience
• Must be able to work in both lab and greenhouse environments
• Willingness to work weekends, when required.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills required
• Must have valid BC driver’s license
• Canadian citizen or P.R. holder
For more information about Enterra, please visit www.enterrafeed.com.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Closing date April 15, 2019.