Position: Sales Manager
Starting Date: Nov 1, 2019
Location: Vancouver, Calgary or Winnipeg office. Candidates that can work remotely will also be considered.
At Enterra, our core purpose is to harness the power of insects to feed and care for the world. Since 2007 we have been pioneering large-scale, sustainable insect production in North America, producing the highest quality ingredients for our innovative animal feed and pet food customers.
We live by our core values of Quality, Integrity and Innovation. Our team is full of motivated and hardworking people that are committed to making the world a better place.
The job is about building deep customer relationships by putting your technical, interpersonal and critical thinking skills to work in helping customers uncover solutions to their challenges.
- Develop and execute an annual sales strategy that aligns with the company’s strategic plan
- Manage sale of Enterra products across multiple markets, including feed (e.g. pet food and aquaculture) and fertilizer
- Report on sales activities, acquisition and retention of customers
- Directly supervise a staff of 3-4 direct employees to start, building to up to 8-10 employees over the next 2-3 years
- Manage direct reports through strong recruiting, training, and coaching with a strong emphasis on team selling
- Prepare an annual budget with spending priorities, monitor variances and initiate corrective actions as needed
- Work with Marketing and R&D/Product Development to address barriers to customer adoption, evaluate new and existing products/services, provide customer feedback and leverage marketing initiatives
- Work with Marketing to prioritize customer visits and trade shows schedules
- Manage improvements and upgrades to CRM software as the company grows
- Builds training plans to help develop jobs skills for self and sales team
- Resolve difficult customer situations when issues arise
- Monitors competition to enhance sales efforts by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products/services, shipping.
- Provide overall leadership and direction to Sales Team – set targets, provide coaching, performance feedback, and conduct performance reviews
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending workshops, courses and industry association meetings
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Animal Nutrition or related field is preferred. Applicants with relevant work experience or technical training will also be considered.
- At least 5-10 years of sales experience
- Experience with managing a sales team in a related industry
- Experience with CRM software
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be able to travel in North America and occasionally overseas
- Knowledge in animal feed and ingredients
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent organizational, supervisory and time management skills
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent benefits plan
- Annual bonus program
For more information about Enterra, please visit www.enterrafeed.com.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and CV or resume to email@example.com.